Friday, May 8, 2009

Gotdoubts/Poodles: Introduction

Welcome all!

First to the contributors and most importantly to any readers.

I am Poodles / Gotdoubts. It isn't that I have multiple personalities or anything, it's just that I might not remember where I have logged in sometimes so you might see me under either moniker.

I live in Suburban Salt Lake Utah. I have lived here my whole life. I was baptized Catholic as a baby, I went to church with my grandfather. I sang in the choir, I went to CCD I did my first communion.

I stopped going to church in Junior high so I never got confirmed. In my first year of High school I decided to go back and do my confirmation. I decided to read both bibles cover to cover, that is when I began losing my faith. I never got confirmed, I decided instead to being exploring all religions, I completely let go of any residual god beliefs when I was in college.

I have been an atheist for almost 20 years. I am however, married to a Catholic man who hardly ever goes to church. I am the only atheist in my family (that I know of).

I started this blog in hopes of reaching out a hand to anyone who is doubting their faith, whether they are looking to go back or move away. I think we have a great group of individuals who are contributing writers here, ready, willing, and able to answer any questions about the journey of doubt that so many people go through. We will answer from the atheist perspective. Our voices will be as different as we all are.

Welcome.

No comments: